Permitted Use of The Promise Foundation Trademarks & Service Marks
The Promise Foundation trademarks and service marks identify The Promise Foundation products and services and let the public know the source of those products and services. You may make fair use of our marks in advertising and promotional materials, and in referencing our products and services (for example, in a magazine article) without our permission, provided you follow standard trademark usage practices and provide proper attribution. Other uses require our written permission. If you are in doubt as to whether you need our permission for a specific type of use, please ask us.
You may not use The Promise Foundation logos or "design" service marks (as opposed to our service marks consisting solely of words) under any circumstances without our prior written authorization.
In addition, you may not use The Promise Foundation service marks, whether design or word marks, in the following ways:
- in a non-The Promise Foundation service name or publication title
- in, as, or as part of, your own service or trademarks
- to identify products or services that are not The Promise Foundation's
- in a manner likely to cause confusion
- in a manner that implies inaccurately that we sponsor or endorse, or are otherwise connected with, your own activities, products, and services
- as hidden or embedded text in web pages in an effort to cause a search of The Promise Foundation’s marks to result in a hit on a page not maintained by The Promise Foundation
- in a manner disparaging of The Promise Foundation